Thread: Windows Virtual PC won't start Host Process Check the System event log for details

Windows Virtual PC won't start Host Process Check the System event log for details

Hello, I downloaded Virtual PC 2007 on Windows Vista Home Edition and the new virtual PC I created will not start. (See screen) But I need the Virtual PC starts, because I have software that I need and not walking on vista. Please help me what can I do to start Virtual PC.

SVC configuration
    • System: Windows Vista Home Editon Prenium 32bit.

Re: Windows Virtual PC won't start Host Process Check the System event log for details

You must now select your version of Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise or Ultimate, 32 or 64) and language. Then download the two modules and then install them in the order listed. After installing the second module, a system reboot will be necessary. Once finished, you now have the folder "Windows Virtual PC and Windows folders under Virtual PC and Windows XP-Mode in the Programs (formerly the Program Files in XP).

Re: Windows Virtual PC won't start Host Process Check the System event log for details

I think that the way Windows XP is not present during installation of Windows 7 when it is nevertheless a key feature that differentiates the Home version of the Pro version or Ultimate. You need to download two additional modules that you find on this page (in English). Finally, note that if you do not download Virtual PC, you can if you want to direct you to VirtualBox .

Sometimes it is possible that residues of old machines (perhaps related to an earlier version of VMware) trails in the Users folder \ <username> \ Library \ Application Support \ VMware Fusion \ Virtual Machines. In my case, a folder "Bootcamp" was present in the file "VMware Fusion" at the same level as "Virtual Machines". It was probably the cause of the appearance of an "old" Windows XP in the virtual machine created earlier today.

The problem might be because of the interface of the library of virtual machines from VMware, which not all existing Bootcamp partition on the computer (and thus available for the creation of a virtual machine). In my case, I have two internal drives one dedicated to Windows 7 and the other in Windows XP (the latter being only problem). So when I tried to "run Windows from Bootcamp partition", I said nothing about what source Bootcamp (Windows XP or Windows 7) the virtual machine was going to be based.