Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Virtual PC & Windows XP Mode

Operating Systems

Old 11-08-2010

Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Virtual PC & Windows XP Mode

Currently i was using Windows Vista Premium Edition and i have ordered a Windows 7 Premium version. I have heard that the Microsoft provides the XP Mode in their professional, Ultimate and Enterprise versions only. So will i be able to use download and manually install Virtual PC and XP mode on Windows 7 Premium? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-08-2010

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows Virtual PC & Windows XP Mode

According to the Microsoft's compatibility about the XP mode on windows 7 operating system then i guess when you try to run it then it would be recognizing the version as if it would be Professional and/or Ultimate then it will work otherwise it wont be working. As your windows version would be Home Premium then it wont be working functionally.
Old 11-08-2010

I have checked the compatibility of Windows XP mode on Windows 7 Home premium edition and i have found that the user using the Home Premium version of the windows 7 are not eligible for downloading the Xp mode. If you want to check the same then i suggest you to visit the "microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx" where they have provided an option for updating the version as well.
Old 11-08-2010

Even though it is not possible to download the Windows XP mode on windows 7 basic editions, There is trick to get XP mode on windows 7 operating system. You have to go through the following steps.
  1. Download and install Windows Virtual PC and then XP Mode.
  2. Install the pre-configured and pre-activated XP Mode by ignoring all the errors.
  3. Reboot your system and then check that the Virtual Hard Disk of xp mode has been installed in C:\Program Files\Windows XP Mode\ or not.
  4. Give full ownership and control permissions to Windows XP Mode base.vhd file.
  5. Go to the properties of this file by right clicking on it and remove check from the Read-only option.
  6. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Windows Virtual PC -> Windows Virtual PC.
  7. Click on the Create Virtual Mode.
Old 13-08-2010

Make sure your PC is ready for Windows Virtual PC before you upgrade. Want to get up and running right away? Buy a new PC with Windows 7 pre-installed to get a fresh start.
  • 1 GHz 32-bit / 64-bit processor required.
  • Memory (RAM) : 2GB memory or higher recommended.
  • Recommended 15 GB hard disk space per virtual Windows environment.
  • Virtual Applications feature is supported only on Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,