Thread: Setup unable to create a new system partition

Setup unable to create a new system partition

I am struggling to configure windows 7 Enterprise on the Dell Optiplex 745 computer system but at the time of installation I am getting errors: Setup cannot create windows new system partition and cannot locate the existing system partition. I have also checked the system log files but unable to find the solution for the problem. Is there any solution for the problem that I a facing.

Re: Setup unable to create a new system partition

The very basic thing is that, if you are want to extend the second partition then you need to change the type of partition that you are using. I mean you need to change the partition from Primary to secondary. Try to follow this and if you are getting errors after doing this also then it will better to check the log file that are present at the location C:\Windows\setupapi.log

Dr. V Guest

When you are in the choice of the site, you choose the partition to receive Windows 7, you click on Advanced Player you checking that it is the right partition is selected and you click on Remove. You will have an air space unallocated. Can this still unallocated space is selected, you click on New, and you recreated your score. Is there the facility continues?

It still stuck in the same place. I carefully followed your instructions: the removal of a disk partition is good, "unallocated space on Disk 1" is good, I click New to create as "Disk 1 Partition 1" c is good, I then click on next and I get the same message and it stops there. (I also tried formatting the partition, is the same).

I do not know where they are or how they can access. I still do not understand what can happen and what may well prevent windows 7of creating the partition, or when is it his hidden partition that fails to create and why? Finally, and it has perhaps a report: why in the choice of SD, my two SATA drives are not listed? (If I wanted to install a partition on a SATA, how could I choose it?).

In my bios, there is absolutely no option for the SATA, I remember that first, he had to install a Silicon Image Serial ATA driver " there is always but maybe it is not compatible with windows 7. The only reference to SATA is the choice of boot disk. Nothing like either the "Start monitoring" However, I must say that I have several times because of the plant in dual boot Linux distributions and they have always seen my SATA drives installation without problem.

Finally, to return to my computer system for installing windows 7, I began to think that my machine is compatible, so I promoted the "Windows 7 Upgrade advisor. 10 minutes before confirming that there is no major incompatibility (on the hardware anyway), especially the SATA (sil 3112) and FDI (nforce2 nvidia) controllers are said compatible. Updates drivers are required for video and audio, that's all.