Thread: "Format fs=ntfs" option doesn't work in Diskpart cmd

"Format fs=ntfs" option doesn't work in Diskpart cmd

I am trying to prime the UFD for changing the image for windows 7 for deploying it. But the problem is that "format fs=ntfs" option is not working in Diskpart cmd, in the command prompt of Deployment. I have followed the order as they were given. But then also I am facing this problem. I want to know is there anyone who is facing the similar problem or I am the only one who is getting same problem.

Dr. V Guest

Re: "Format fs=ntfs" option doesn't work in Diskpart cmd

You have not provided the information related to the disk part you are using for your windows 7, normally you get these kinds of error if you are trying to use the older version of Microsoft DiskPart. For your information for are if you using Microsoft DiskPart with windows vista then you have to use version 6.0.6002 and if you are using Microsoft DiskPart with windows 7 then you have use version 6.1.7600

Currently I am using Bootsect.exe that is coming with the Microsoft AIK kit. I have also created the bootable CD and DVD going according to the AIK documentation, for creating and burning the winpe_x86.iso file. But then also I am getting errors at the time of booting and using both USB or cd or dvd media. That is something like status error 0xc000000f. The other information that I am getting is that boot selection is failed since the device that is required is not accessible. Can you suggest any solution for this problem?

Well the thing that you have done wrong is that you have not transferred the boot.wim in your winpe_x86\ISO\sources folder. This is normal as most of the published instruction have omitted this step. As per your system sheet datasheet, it is containing the reasonable modern Intel 956 chipset and one more thing there is no need to include the drivers anywhere.

I have observed the issues related to booting DVD or USB from the poweron cold start. In that case you need to boot to Bios and check the booting section menu. But after that press ctrl+alt+del for the purpose of warm reboot for that same point. You can also try to re-download WAIK. This is just a suggestion the perfect solution for your problem.

Thank you for the solution that you have given the main issue was that I have not copied the boot.wim file. As you have said that this step is omitted from most of the documentation, hence I have deleted the bootfix.bin file that is in the C:\winpe_x86\ISO\boot. I think that this will definitely prevent from the option of "press any Key to boot from CD/DVD ROM"