Thread: Windows 7 32 bit memory extending for a specific game program

Windows 7 32 bit memory extending for a specific game program

I want to buy a latest system for which I am looking for. Today almost all new desktop comes with Windows 7. So for that I want to know that what ram is required. I will be adding games in the system so does 2GB is enough. I had played Sims 3 on a 2Gb RAM running on Windows 7. But the issue is that I cannot run any other program in the background for that. This is a bit loss. Also which one should be a better Windows 7 32 bit or Windows 7 64 bit.

Re: Windows 7 32 bit memory extending for a specific game program

Usually if you are planning for over-clocking then Nvidia Ntune, Rivatuner and EVGA Precision are the most user friendly programs. They are freeware and you might use them to check the performance of your system. You can tweak your video card for getting a better gaming performance leaving the RAM issue at side. By this you can derive more power from the GPU and freeing up some RAM.

It is possible in Windows 7 for setting the value of memory usage that means you can see Max Memory. This can be done via msconfig. The value for that is recommended 0 but that might face limitation while the system slow down. The comes the virtual memory which is adjusted automatically by Windows. You can improve that manually but that need more physical ram.

I wonder if there was a preference to buy windows vista in 64 bit rather than 32, with a core 2 duo processor compatible with 64-bit. I had gone through some discussion on the ease of maintenance and full compatibility with the system 32 bitset. So does this future utility might work well if I switch to 64 bit instead of remaining at 32 bit operating system. I want to say that all versions of Windows 7 are available in two variants and the price is the same for two in the same version.

The choice between 64 and 32 bits is done according to your need according to what you gonna do with because it must take into account the software you are going to be what they are compatible for 64-bit or 32. For me I personally prefer the 32 bit because of the common software support for most of the programs and games that are released every day. 64-bit is a new generation of intel or amd but a rather complicated technology.

I was tempting to take the 64-Bit operating system with 64-bit CPU support but it has not been developed for the general public. The 64 bits can only accept 64-bit drivers digitally signed by Microsoft the non-presence of this signature completely prohibits the installation of drivers. This simply means that games which are released on pc might not work on 64 bits. So that can be a issue. The 64 bit is much powerful and less compatible.

I am using 8GB Ram plus a Nvidia GPU on my system and the system works fine. For Windows 7 2GB RAM is recommended just for basic work and for gaming you must add a 2GB stick more with a GPU. The other thing which you must do is enable the function of memory remap in BIOS. This helps the system to address all the memory installed in your system and thus improving the performance.