Thread: Sysprep error: Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass

Sysprep error: Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass

I was cleaning my Toshiba R600 notebook through the use of Sysprep in the Audit Mode and I am having the generalized option for selection. But during the process I am getting the error that is windows is not able to parse the unattended answer files for the pass. A component and the non list setting is specified more than once that is in the answer file. Currently I am having windows 7 professional 64 bit any help related to this problem will be appreciated.

Re: Sysprep error: Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass

Try these measures for solving the problem you are facing. Navigate to these location that are mentioned below. C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep and also to C:\Windows\Panther and after reaching there you need to delete all the files that are present there. If you want you can make sure by reading the file C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\Panther\SetupAct.log . This will give you information about the file that is used in sysprep.

Re: Sysprep error: Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass

I will suggest you to open you XML in WSIM from WAIK and check that if it is not generating the big red error message. If there is any simple error then it can be found easily and can be solved easily. Because without checking the XML file you can only guess for the error you are getting. If you want and read the code line by line for solving the problem that you are facing but that will be insane decision.

From the information that you have given, the only thing that is coming in my mind is that you have specified the setting more than once. The only thing I can suggest you is to own unattend.xml file and then delete the replicated settings. I am sure if you delete the replicated settings you will not get that error again, if you have any other problem then let me know about it, I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I was also getting the similar problem but not I have got the solution for this problem. You need to mount the image through the use of DISM and then browse the location of the answer file and then delete the custom internet favorites section. After that unmount the image assigning the changes, then push that image back onto the target machine and that should be well.

Sysprep erases the drive letters. Suddenly the restart, it is the rules defined. Namely, the letter C is given to the active partition (which in my case is not the system partition). The result: Start the computer > test the installation of windows > it is incomplete. To solve my problem, I made a script that just before starting the restoration of the image generated by sysprep, the active partition on my system. But who first started working at a new sound score.

Error when running sysprep Cause: A resource-sharing service run multimedia and can be killed by sysprep Solution: Kill the services of Windows Media Player to perform a sysprep or the definition of a network type "Private" or "Work" during oobe before sysprep image Solution: Custom mode images only and auditing utiliseruniquement network type 'Public'. Note that if you deploy vosmachines correctly you will not encounter this problem.