Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010

Window 7 Pro restarts every 6 hours

Another huge annoyance in Windows. I am using Windows 7 Pro. There's nothing quite like leaving just one file open at night, then back to your PC in the morning to learn that Windows has unnecessarily restart your machine. I had kept some file on torrent for night to download. Then in the morning I found that the system is restarting continuously. It reboots every 6 hours. Is this a virus
Old 11-08-2010

Re: Window 7 Pro restarts every 6 hours

I had faced a similar issue on my pc running on Windows 7 Home Premium x86 7600. I had upgraded that from vista. The system worked well for a week and then it did not stop rebooting the system at the interval of every two hours. I think this might be due to improper installation or might be due to fail of Windows Validation. This happens if your software copy is detected as pirated.
Old 11-08-2010

You should open it and see if there is not much dust in the fans and heat sinks. Open your system and check by touching that your system is not heating up. Removes and cleans out the memory slots as well. This can be due to dust in your system. If your system heats then the cpu to prevent any damage shutdown itself. Change the processor fan if there is any major issue.
Old 11-08-2010

I had faced a similar issue where I had disabled the automatic restart in case of system failure. I was able to boot normally in windows 7 after that. I tried a repair of my system by the bootable disc of Windows and I had also detected an error in the boot options. After inserting the disc I clicked on repair after that I got the following message Unable to save startup options.
Old 11-08-2010

I will recommend you to to install the latest updates for your computer. Once they are installed, a restart is required for changes to be made. Moreover, a small window to get you to do so as quickly as possible. The problem is that Windows will remind you frequently need to restart your computer. But the worst is when Windows restarts without your consent.
Old 11-08-2010

This is a software issue and you will need to check the stability of your operating system. Check that you get any message for software counterfiet. This means that your Microsoft has detected your system is using a pirated copy of Windows due to which the updates installed cause the reboot. Or else this can be a virus issue. Reboot in safe mode and then scan with antivirus.
Old 14-08-2010

It is possible to stop auto-reboot, but it will take a change registry of Windows. Click on Start and then click on run. In that type regedit. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows. In the left pane, right click on Windows, and click on New and Key, then type in WindowsUpdate and press ENTER. Then right click on WindowsUpdate and click New and key, then type in the AU and press ENTER. Right click on empty space and click the new DWORD (32 bit) Value, then type in NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers and press Enter. Type the value 1 for it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,