Thread: Setup will continue after restarting your computer

Setup will continue after restarting your computer

I have configured windows 7 Enterprise x 64 in on my computer and also altered it as per the requirement and running a non-syspreped image through the use imagex. After that I have rebooted the system and after that run the sysprep/ generalize/ oobe/ shutdown/ unattend:unattend.xml. and after the booted the portable executable and then got the my syspreped image. But the problem is that when I am booting the system I am getting an error that is something like, windows setup cannot be configure the windows for running on this computers hardware. Is there any step that I am missing or I have to do it in another way?

Re: Setup will continue after restarting your computer

I think that I am also facing the similar problem, I also followed the steps that you have followed and got the same message that you are getting. That not all the next message that I am getting is that setup will continue after rebooting the computer system. Following the procedure I have rebooted the system and then I have received the message that windows cannot complete the setup. I have rebooted the system again and now I have got in the continuous loop. I also want to know what I am doing wrong.

For solving your problem the only thing I can suggest is to follow these steps.
    1. First of all reboot your computer system and the press Shift + F10 for opening in a dos command prompt, and then go to the path: X:\windows\panther after reaching there you need to open setuperr.log and then setupact.log for checking that you are getting any kind of error message or not.
    2. The error message that you are receiving may be because of the incompatible disk controller, so it will better to configure in AHCI mode that is in BIOS.

Thank you for the quick reply I have tried your suggestion and would like to inform these things. First of all Setuperr.log was empty and the Setupact.log is looking fine till the point I have stopped updating. At the time of startup the setup was using the RAID mode that is in the BIOS. This mode is normally loading the AHCI, and Intel is also recommends to select RAID mode for their mode.

I have generated the new RAID image that is loading the RAID and also the AHCI that is using all of the C: drive without any partitions, leaving all the PnP devices that is in the unattend.xml. After running the sysprep I am still getting message that “Window is not able to complete the setup” so for installing it on my computer system I have restart the configuration and then it just given the same message again and then I can restore the non syspreped image and the machine is working good. If you have any other ideas then please let me know about that.

I have created the new AHCI, and then left windows 7 to create two partitions , I have also left the PnP devices that is in the unattend.xml. Then after running the sysprep I am getting the same message that you are getting that is: windows cannot complete the installation and for installing windows on your computer system you need restart the installation again. I have done the same thing but getting the same message again. I just want to get rid of this problem.