Thread: Why does popup blocker in windows 7 not stop netflix popup ads?

Why does popup blocker in windows 7 not stop netflix popup ads?

I have enabled the Pop Up Blocker on my Internet Explorer but it does not seems to be working properly. Actually there is nothing wrong with it but i just want to ask that why this pop up blocker is not blocking the Netflix Pop ups. Is it like that the Netflix Pop Ups know the way to bypass the pop ups blocker. I have installed windows 7 on my laptop.

Re: Why does popup blocker in windows 7 not stop netflix popup ads?

I think you must be using some Netflix Add on on your system due to which you are getting the pop ups about it even after enabling the pop up blocker. I suggest you to check about the same in Windows Media Center where you might be having the Netflix add on. I suggest you to uninstall that add on then check that you are getting any pop ups from Netflix or not.

The Netflix Popup's are not actually shown by an internet service as they pop ups due to the Windows Media Center Netflix Add-on. I have given you the steps by which your can remove this add on from your system. Go to the Control Panel and open Programs and Features. Here you would be having Media Center where you have to find for the Netflix and then click on Uninstall.

You can also block the pop ups on your web browser for which you have to make some settings on your Internet Browser. Actually you have to notice that from which websites you are getting this Netflix pop ups. Then block that websites manually from the browser by adding its name in blocked URLs.

I suggest you to disable and then clear all the caches of your internet explorer and then enable the pop up blocker again. By doing this you would be able to remove all the older posts which are there in your browser by going through which pop ups come on your system. Once you have cleared all the private data then i guess you must not get any pop ups from the Netflix unless and until you have not added the add on of Netflix.

There could be the virus which might be coming on your windows machine's screen with the name of Netflix. I suggest you to scan your system by using some good security tool which helps you to remove all the viruses from your computer if there are any. Virus could also be the problem in this case as once any virus ave got entered into the registry of windows os then it can do anything.

Dr. V Guest

There could be the Neflix virus on your system due to which you would be getting the pop ups about the same. I think there is nothing wrong with the pop up blocker on your system but as your system is infected by the virus named as regarding the Netflix, I suggest you to scan your system and then remove all the viruses.