Thread: Permanently remove games in Windows 7

Permanently remove games in Windows 7

I am trying to find the method for enduringly uninstall and remove the built in games in Windows 7. Currently I am have turned this features off and I am trying to delete the relevant or the related entries that are present in the registry and removing corresponding files from Program Files directories, but no matter whatever I am trying to do, the built in games are always returning and I want to permanently remove games in Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Permanently remove games in Windows 7

Well if you need you can turn them off by following these steps. Go to control panel and then go to programs and features and then you will be able to see windows features that can be turn off or On. You just need to uncheck the box for the games. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem, if you are having any other problem then let me know, I will try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks for the reply that you have given but I have already did that and for your information this is not completely or permanently removing them from the computer system, it is just turning of the feature for the time being. The thing is that any user with administrator privileges can again that feature ON and I do not want to happen this thing. If you can provide any help related to that then please let me know about that.

If you do not want games to be installed on your computer system and even do not want the basic game to be installed then thing can be achieved by custom installation of windows 7. But the thing is that you have already installed it on your computer system then the only thing you can do is to prevent the access of these games on your computer system.

I totally agree with the above reply that the only thing you can do is prevent access of these files to other user. For doing this first thing you need to is make yourself as admin and the other users those are using the system as standard user. In this manner normal users will not be allowed those files that come under the administrator section unless administrator allows you to do so.

I have already tried that but that does not help me out for solving the problem that I was facing. Not only that I have also tried to delete the game that are placed under C:\Windows\winsxs\ but that also result to none. Now the only thing that is going in my mind that there is no specific way of removing games from windows 7 that I am using anyways thanks for the help that you all have provided.

Yes you are correct on the node that you cannot delete the game from windows 7. Basically this is the result of good protection against the users forced changes that are resulting in crashing of system. You are not allowed to remove some features even if you do not like them whether it is games or any other application that you do not require. Well nothing can be done for this as the system is designed for that purpose.