Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010

Windows 7 Unattend.xml not being used during deployment

I am using MDT and SIM for creating deployment share and then modify the unattend.xml file. I have also used LiteTouch WinPE that was generated during the process. I have also launched the WinPE and I am getting the login screen for accessing the deployment share. I am not able to understand that why this unattend.xml files is not answering all the questions. Any help related to Windows 7 Unattend.xml not being used during deployment will be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2010

Re: Windows 7 Unattend.xml not being used during deployment

I think that I am also facing the similar issue, but I am having limited success with the unattend.xml file and it can used in sysprep scenario I have found that the state for putting the unattend.xml file in the folder as sysprep. So my question is that where I should store the unattend.xml file for doing network deployment of windows 7 through the use of deployment share.
Old 10-08-2010

I am not having the idea why you have getting this problem but the unattended.xml is normally stored at the location C:\Distribution\Control\<Task Sequence ID> folder. I hope this will help you. If you have any other problem related to this then let me know, I will try to solve that as soon as possible.
Old 10-08-2010

As you have said that, I have checked the placement of the unattend.xml file, but the problem is that I am not able to resolve the issue. Is there any compatibility issues while using this file, or there is anything that is preventing the unattend.xml file to be used at the time of using LiteTouchWinPE. It will better if you can provide any related help for that.
Old 10-08-2010

Still I am trying to do work with the unattend.xml file and also using the network based deployment share. But till now there no success with the unattend.xml file that being used at the time of deployment and one thing I am also using LiteTouchWinPE at the time deployment. I have raised the question for the problem but till now there is no solution for the problem.
Old 10-08-2010

Well the thing is that if you are using WDS for the purpose of imaging; you need to ?assign? the unattend.xml for the image that you are trying to use. Hence in WDS, you can select the deployment image. If you are using windows 7 32 bit then you need to right click and then select the properties. Now in the bottom of the property box, you can see the check mark and then place to tie the image and then unattend.xml side by side.
Old 10-08-2010

As far as I know unattend.xml is an answer file for windows setup.exe. The prompts that you can see is coming from Deployment Wizard and it is not from the windows setup. The thing you must look at is the answer file that are used for deployment wizard and that is what MDT and SCCM add to the mix. You need to stage it to unattend.xml.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,