Thread: Event ID 4107 CAPI2 Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab

Event ID 4107 CAPI2 Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab

Every now and then I getting this event ID 4107 CAPI2 failed to extract the third party root list from the auto update cab. I have downloaded the things manually and installed the certificate successfully, but the event is still showing up in the eventviewwer. Currently I am using windows 7 32 bit and it is also displaying that windows is up to date, if it is true then why I am getting the problem.

Re: Event ID 4107 CAPI2 Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab

I am also facing same problem and currently I am running windows 7 64 bit. It looks that Microsoft must fix that thing. The last CAPI2 entry is dated for tonight. I have heard that any time I am getting the error that is related to windows update then you can send that in a trouble ticker for free of cost and they will definitely solve the problem but in realty this is not case with me, I mean I have not got the solution for the problem.

Re: Event ID 4107 CAPI2 Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab

I think that the problem is related to windows search services, I mean that the failure is occurring after the service is starting. When I have checked the event log it is showing more than fourteen successful updates and only one failure. See I am not that technical person but a novice user to this kind of environment.

As far as I know certificates are give with a specific planned life time, I mean that it is defined through a valid start time and also with explicit expiration date. I mean that the certificates should be issued with the validity of one day, or twenty years or more than that. Once the certificated is issued then it will turn out to be valid and if it expires that thing becomes invalid.

In my case I have not done anything on Windows 7 64 bit computer system except to report the problem to windows update team and then send them the authroot cab file. I have downloaded this file from the windows update site. After that the issue that I was facing was resolve and it has not happened till now. If any of you facing this issue then in will suggest you to do all the windows 7 updates and this will definitely solve your problem.