Thread: Windows 7 is activated but not genuine

Windows 7 is activated but not genuine

hey guys, am in need of some urgent help from you all guys. Am using Windows 7 on one of my Hp laptop since last 8 months. Its a genuine copy of windows 7 that i got with the notebook and i do windows update too without problems. But now, after 8 months am getting a message on the right side corner of the screen saying "Windows is not genuine". Suddenly ? When i checked it under System -> Windows activation, it says that windows is activated. How is that possible ? Could you guys help me out please ?

Re: Windows 7 is activated but not genuine

Most probably it appears that the problem might be with In Memory Mod-Auth Tamper. The primary type of Mod-Auth is the 'On Disk' which is the motive by a cosseted system files being customized on your HD, no matter for what reason. The alteration could be due to accidental corruption, or corruption occurred because of defective hard drive, Malware infectivity or physical manipulation of the file by the user. In such cases, still if the reason of the Tamper is detached, the harm would stay and require to be fixed.

The icon stating about “genuine Microsoft software" is there at all times, but that doesn’t indicates that your system is not genuine. There is possibility that information has gotten tainted somehow. But still if you are aware than you can attempt entering your serial key again.

There is nothing to worry. Most probably this problem occurs suddenly if the OS has been activated with a 'crack' 'activator' etc. If you are unable to fix this message, you should simply give a call to Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Santy View Post
    Most probably it appears that the problem might be with In Memory Mod-Auth Tamper. The primary type of Mod-Auth is the 'On Disk' which is the motive by a cosseted system files being customized on your HD, no matter for what reason. In such cases, still if the reason of the Tamper is detached, the harm would stay and require to be fixed.
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll try to follow the fix given by Deep123 as well but before that i would like to know about Mod-Auth Tamper. I have had never heard this word before. What is it exactly and as you said 'In Memory' is the first type, what else is there in Mod-Auth Tamper ? Help appreciated.

Actually Mod-Auth can come in two forms, first is On Disk and second is In Memory. On Disk is about the data or files on your Hard Drive has been customized or has got corrupted. And In Memory occurs when you access an application or a program that is laden into system memory. This is where your memory file is being shimmed or captivated into by a different application. The one and only cause for this kind of Mod-Auth is a different running program .

The short and simple answer is that if the message is not there, it means that your system is inactivated. There is nothing to worry, the blue logo have to be there as a signal that your Copy is genuine and that you are activated and documented as genuine by the Windows.

In order to check it manually and perfectly, you should try to install Microsoft Security Essentials. As it will check before (perfectly) that your copy is genuine or not. You will find the exact and true result.