Thread: Playing of ripped DVD's from my HDD

Playing of ripped DVD's from my HDD

I am having an issue regarding which i need to work with. I have installed the Windows 7 in the system and ripped the DVD movies in the library of my hard drive and trying to play from there but when i am playing some of the functionalities are missing from the video. Some video are missing the audio while playing. Some of the movies can not be viewable as there are no picture in it. So if any one can then please help me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Playing of ripped DVD's from my HDD

It seems to have the problem with the driver that might be not working with the Windows 7. Have you installed the driver for the system after installation of the Windows 7? I will advise you to install all the software for the component that you have installed and also installed the driver for the hardware. Thanks.

As per your problem i thin you have to go through the below given step that will help you to correct the problem related to the Windows 7 DVD library that might be not functioning with the registry. So go through the below given step and find the solution.
    • Click Start
    • Click on Search
    • Type regedit and hit enter
    • Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings"
    • Right click on ShowGallery and select Modify
    • Delete entries from Value box.
    • Type Gallery in Value box
    • Click on OK

Thats it!!!!!

I think that the issue with the Video driver which might not be showing the compatibility with the Windows 7 and giving the problem with the same. So to get rid of the issue i will advise you to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver of the video driver of your video card. So if you can then go through the same.

On a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Media Center displays DVD content that is stored on your computer in the DVD Library. However, the DVD Library is not automatically enabled. If it is not enabled, you cannot see your DVD content. This article helps you enable or disable the DVD Library feature in Windows Media Center on a Windows Vista-based computer.
    Microsoft

Which codec version you are using in the system? This seems that the codec which you are using is not having the functionality to run the video or might got corrupted with the same. In my recommendation i think you have to download and install the latest Codec into the system and see whether it is working or not.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem and not getting the solution for same then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue of yours and i am sure that you will get the solution for the issue which you are going through. Just contact them and find the solution.