Thread: Can't delete file - Stuck on Preparing to Recycle

Can't delete file - Stuck on Preparing to Recycle

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop. There was file with the extension of .dwg on my computer desktop which I am simply not able to delete no matter what I do. This file is very small of just 200k. I am the admin of my computer and have all the admin privileges as well. One of my friend actually sent me this file in a zip file. I have scanned my pc from antivirus software and there is no infection as well. Whenever I am trying to delete this file then it is getting stuck on "Preparing to Recycle" box forever and nothing happens. So if anyone can help me to solve this issue then I am all ears. Thanks

Re: Can't delete file - Stuck on Preparing to Recycle

You can try to boot in Win RE but first you will need to enter it properly. To do that, restart your computer and then press F8 to enter your boot menu. After that select Repair your computer. Now you will also be able to boot with your installation DVD to enter Win RE. Once you are in Win RE, then open Command Prompt and then try to delete the file commands and you will be able to use the command del as well. Hope this helps.

There is a free software called DelinvFile which can delete invalid files and folders. It offers a choice how you should remove the data from its user interface. You can use the standard controls for files and disk files to browse for the file or folder to delete it. Recent versions include new options that include Rename File, Rename Folder, Delete File and Delete Folder at startup and Open With feature allows you to open your choice of program to view the selected file. You can click the Delete buttons to try to delete it once an item has been highlighted and selected.

You can also try to easily use the verify disk commands to check your hard drive for any errors, to do that follow the below steps:
    1. First of all Click Start.
    2. In search window type 'cmd' and then right click and choose 'Run as administrator'.
    3. Now a command prompt will open, simply type CHKDSK /P and after that press ENTER to scan the disk.
    4. After that type the following letters - CHKDSK C: /F /R and press ENTER to fix corrupt sectors, if there are any.