Thread: Folder redirection verbose logging on Windows 7 64 bit

Folder redirection verbose logging on Windows 7 64 bit

I am having complexity receiving verbose logging for Group Policy Folder redirection running on Windows 7 endeavor x64. I encompass added a REG_DWORD significance called FDeployDebugLevel beneath HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics and set it to Decimal 15. I have comprise or contain even generated the comparable DWORD significance in HKLM\Software\Wow6432\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics to observe if it makes a dissimilarity additional than no luck. No matter what I do me tranquil get the similar fundamental level of logging in the event logs any ideas then you be able to post you reply here.

Re: Folder redirection verbose logging on Windows 7 64 bit

I am having the similar tribulations by means of Windows 7 32 bit. I am trying to get additional verbose logging for Folder Redirection to troubleshoot a number of problems most of them are having by means of FR, additional than I cannot seem to ramp up the logging level. Did anybody get several additional by means of this problem. I am in addition attempting to switch on verbose logging on Windows7 x64 to make sure out a failed software install.

I am going to set up a two-server farm, and the majority the whole thing runs, excluding the checkout action for a document. This tribulation happens in together site collections, one of which necessitate investigate, and the additional does not. Here are the alternative I have tried: Snow Leopard, Firefox 3.0.1, Snow Leopard, Safari, Win 2003, IE 7 and XP, Firefox its run extremely well. Additional that the XP, IE 8 “This document might not be checkered out. You might not have permission to make sure out the document or it is previously checkered out or locked for editing by an additional user." In IE8, I am capable to open a document as read merely then utilize the button presented by Word to make sure out the document. I cannot utilize that as a workaround, as not the entire users have comprise a version or description of Office that determine to permit checkout in that technique.

It is strange tried scrutiny out an excel spreadsheet beneath sp2010 rtm from an xp client working with ie8 (together the share point server and xp client are completely patched), was capable to make sure out the spreadsheet, download, modify, then check-in, no errors or tribulations. Tried on a windows server 2003 by means of moss 2010 ie8 and word 2007, encountered your tribulations. Excel spreadsheet in addition had the tribulations. Was encouraged to reply if I required utilizing my local drafts folder. Tried checking and unchecking the box, together failed. Moss 2007 tuns ok. No events or errors additional than what you reported.

I am glad somebody is able to replicate this. My farm is essentially on Windows 2008 64-bit, so it give the impression of being similar to the error does not depend on the fundamental OS of the SP server itself, additional than on the browser, IE8, in combination by means of some additional factor. What is the next step to resolving this problem.

It might in addition be the office install. My xp client had solitary user office 2003; the win 2003 server has office 2007 by means of the terminal services product key. If remembrance serves office does its own verification thing; you determine to often notice a second authentication if you have not set to seamless. Apologetic for not having an accurate respond; no one else seems to be chiming in additional than there are lots of hits if you Google "sharepoint checkout not running". Try considering if there's a clarification on the internet previously. I believe this is the similar on 2010 and 2007 sharepoint.

The first connection, the tribulations happens when using the context menu. Per the second connection, facilitate client integration is previously selected. I tried turning it off and back on to no consequence. On the third connection, there is an additional workaround, which is to open the document as read-only then make use of the checkout button obtainable in Office. On the other hand, these necessitate that I train the users to do a workaround that might not be compulsory later and would necessitate a behavior change. Previous to resorting to a workaround, I would approximate to hear from Microsoft that moreover this is a bug, or that incredible is misconfigured and how I be able to fix it.