Thread: Unable to open Windows Vista Movie Maker project files on Windows 7

Unable to open Windows Vista Movie Maker project files on Windows 7

Previously i was working on the Windows Vista machine and now i have shifted to the Windows 7. I have taken the back up of the Movie maker project file from the Windows Vista and installed the same on the Windows 7 machine but let me tell you that when i am trying to open the movie maker project file it gives me the regarding the version which i am using is not compatible with the project. I have no idea how to get rid of this issue. Please help me for same. Thank you.

Re: Unable to open Windows Vista Movie Maker project files on Windows 7

I have gone through the detail that you have given and let me tell you that this is the problem which is faced by many of the user who are using the Windows 7. This is nothing but the issue of the Compatibility which means that Windows 7 is unable to work with the older version of the application on it and that is why showing non functionality while trying to work with the same.

If you wanted to work with the issue then let me tell you that you should have to make the program of the older version to run with Windows 7. To make it compatible all you need to do is to troubleshoot the program with the Windows 7 so that it will run with the compatibility with the it. So troubleshoot and work with the same.

Most programs written for Windows Vista also work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, you can try changing the compatibility settings for the program, either manually or by using the Program Compatibility troubleshooter. For more about this click here.

It is better if you asked about the making the compatibility of the same with the Microsoft. I will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue which you are going through i.e. Unable to open Windows Vista Movie Maker project files on Windows 7 and see whether getting the solution or not.

As your are unable to work with the issue of yours then let me tell you that you can also use the Windows XP Mode which is a application developed by Microsoft to work with the Windows 7 non compatible things work on the Windows 7. So if you can then download the Windows XP Mode and then run the Windows Vista Movie Maker project file on the same.