Thread: Windows 7 Media Center won't play DVD

Windows 7 Media Center won't play DVD

I am having a issue with the Windows 7 which is not working with the DVDs. I have installed the Windows 7 on the system of mine and trying to play the DVD with the help of the Windows 7 Media Center. It is showing the error message i.e. "Files required to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart computer or media center." I have tried lots of thing but nothing working for me so if you can then please help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Media Center won't play DVD

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the problem with the same then i will advise you to check that whether the Video card of yours is having the problem or not. To resolve the issue i will advise you to troubleshoot the video card which can help you with the same. So try the same and work with it.

First answer some of my question. Did you tried other DVDs to play with the Media Center or not? Also check whether the DVD of your is working properly or not. It might be possible that the it is conflicting with something and not working properly. So it is better to restart the computer and then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    First answer some of my question. Did you tried other DVDs to play with the Media Center or not? Also check whether the DVD of your is working properly or not. It might be possible that the it is conflicting with something and not working properly. So it is better to restart the computer and then try again.
    As per your question let me tell you that i have tried other DVDs also but they are also not working. I have also tried to play the same in other machine and it is working fine. So i don't think so that DVD is the issue for the error message. I have restarted computer to check whether it is working or not but no help. What else can you suggest me to work with this.

In that case i think that codec installed in your system might not supporting the format of DVD. Just check in computer of yours and let me know which codec your system is running on. To check the codec just get into the help menu of Windows Media Center and then to click on Technical Support Information. This will let you know about the same. Also if possible then install the latest Codec.

If you asked me then i will advise you to upgrade the driver of your system which might not be working with the system of yours and getting the same problem. So installed the latest driver for the system of yours and see whether it is working with the DVD of yours or not. I hope that this will work for you.