Thread: Unable to capture video from Sony DCR-HC26 digital camera

Unable to capture video from Sony DCR-HC26 digital camera

I have upgraded my system to the Windows 7 for better performance with the same but now i am getting the issue with the same. After the upgradation when i am trying to record the video with the Sony DCR-HC26E it throws the error that "Cannot find the Handycam (Tape). Check the i.LINK connection to the Handycam." as i am using the I-link cable. I have installed all the driver for same but still not getting it work.

Re: Unable to capture video from Sony DCR-HC26 digital camera

It seems to have the issue with the drivers for the Windows 7 which you have upgraded to. Most of the user are going through the same problem. i will advise to installed the latest driver for the Sony DCR-HC26 digital camera which will resolve the issue with the same. I think this will resolve the issue of yours just try this out.

Have you connected the device of yours with the firewire PCI card with the pin to 6pin. If so then i will advise you to connect the firewire PCI card with the device of yours using the 4pin to 4 pin only and not any other. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will help you.

To work with the same i will advise you to follow the below given step that will help you to resolve the issue with the same. I hope that this is the problem with the device manager and can be resolve with this.

• Right Click on My Computer
    • Select Properties
    • Go to Hardware tab
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Find the entry for the firewire (IEEE1394)
    • Change it with the IEEE1394 LEGACY driver
    • Restart your computer

I have also gone through the same problem regarding which i have searched a lot but nothing was helpful for me. I have then went to the official site of the device and ask for the Windows 7 compatible driver for the device which was suggested by most of the site. I have installed the driver and the issue got resolved. So if you can then go through same.

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the same problem then i will advise you to contact the developer of the Windows 7 that is Microsoft and ask them about the problem that you are going through i.e. "Unable to capture video from Sony DCR-HC26 digital camera" and i am sure you will get some solution there.