Thread: Why can't PSD thumbnails be displayed in Windows 7?

Why can't PSD thumbnails be displayed in Windows 7?

I have installed the Windows 7 in the system of mine but now i am having problem with it. Actually when i am opening the graphic file through the Windows 7 file explorer it opens all the file except the PSD thumbnails which is not opening. I am unable to resolve this issue so if any one is there who can make this for me then please help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Why can't PSD thumbnails be displayed in Windows 7?

As per my knowledge PSD file is nothing but the PDF file bur as it is having some file locking issue with the Windows 7 that is why it has been removed from the same. The file which supports the this file is known as the psicon.dll which if you check in the windows 7 file then you will not get this file. This is i know about the same.

I agree with the above reply and wanted to share some of my knowledge with you. If you wanted to run PSD file then you should have to check for the psd codec which will help you to know more about the same that you are going through. All you have to do is to download and install the psd codec into the system and you will easily be able top open the psd file that you want to.

I think that you are using the latest version of the Adobe photoshop that is why you are getting the problem opening the file that you wanted to. The latest adobe is not having the Adobe Bridge the thumbnail view of PSD file and you are not able to view the files in it. If you wanted to work with the PSD file then you have to download the psicon.dll and place it into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\" folder. Thats it!!!!!!!!!1

I think that you have to go with the third party software which will help you to run the psd thumbnail in the system that you are going through. There are lots of third party software available which will let you use the psd thumbnail to run on the system. Just make a searched regarding the same on Google and you will come to know about it.

If nothing is working for you then i will advise you to ask about the same query to the Microsoft. As you are getting the problem with the Windows 7 then i will advise you to go through the Microsoft Support forum and find the solution of your problem. There are lots of expert available who can help you regarding then problem of yours.