Thread: How to obtain Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta

How to obtain Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta

I am using windows 7 on my desktop computer i have also heard about the recent release of the windows 7 service pack 1 beta i just wanted to know how do i obtain Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta. Also if possible please tell me whether there are any bug associated with the windows 7 service pack beta and what are the major updates in this release.

Re: How to obtain Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta

Microsoft has used the Worldwide Partner conference to announce and launch the public beta of Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 . This update can be downloaded from the Microsoft site TechNet Evaluation Center , and has a size of 1.22 GB. The negative point is that the beta is not geared for domestic use, as during the download will be asked what our occupation, and there we have to say that we are 'IT Worker', 'IT Manager' or 'Developer', if we choose any other option will prevent us from downloading the SP1.

I thinks that you just need to turn on Automatic Updates if you want your computer to be updated.
    • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
      • Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
      • Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
    • Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.

This system update does not include major changes, it includes some security patches, updates that have been progressively releasing Windows 7, etc. Also, Microsoft has also updated Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, which includes visual enhancements FX Remote tool, which has a 3D interface, Aero effects, playback streaming media files and various forms of visualization.

As far as i know these updates are lacking real updates such as the expected role of tabs in Windows Explorer, or other more important as USB 3.0 support natively, but this will probably come in the next service pack 2 or the upcoming Windows 8. So i think you should forget these things and simply go and download the update.

In the form of beta, now comes the first collection of patches of Windows 7 . And we collect, because there is more than a cocktail of all updates released so far, without any extra functionality or any important detail to note. The package, which weighs 1.2 GB is available for download from the Microsoft TechNet Web, given its early statehood, do not expect to receive much support you are going to find problems. Leave that to early 2011, at which time we will launch the final version.

As we know, the first service pack for Windows 7, the flagship operating system from Microsoft, should come by the fall. To prepare its completion, Microsoft has released its testers, and only these, the first beta of Service Pack 1 said. Installation on a final version of Windows 7 is relatively fast: more or less than thirty minutes on our test machine, so that the process is identical to that already known to Windows Vista.