Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

Operating Systems

Old 07-08-2010

Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

I am quiet facing a bit issue with my OS. I am using Windows 7 here. And I thought to explore more about windows registry. So here I am having a bit issue with windows installer. I am trying to find settings related to that so that I can deny user access to the same. Here whenever I am trying to install anything it keeps on crashing. I am not able to figure out why this happens. Sometime when I go ahead with new game setup that is also crashing. Major issue lies with Windows installer and I am unable to find fix for that.

Old 07-08-2010

Re: Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

The registry key that you had mentioned in the title includes the following information:
  • Hardware ( processor, motherboard ... )
  • Software ( configuration and software options installed)
  • System ( computer configuration in which two sets can also start with the last known good configuration )
  • Security ( Sam and local strategies )
Old 07-08-2010

Re: Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

To fix the problem you have to update Windows operating system. And you can do that by running Windows Update. This will help you to get a more stable system. If the issue does not resolve then try running system restore. It will wipe out any major changes done in the system while removing or adding a software. You can also run CCleaner to repair various things in the system. If this does not work well then just use Windows installation DVD and try to run a full repair setup.
Old 12-08-2010

Modifying registry is not really recommended. Because it contains crucial os settings. And a registry repairing software will not help much. System restore is most recommended option. But if you are still getting the error then you can try running the setup back again. Try to take data backup and then test back. With proper installation the registry settings will be restored and you can again use the same more properly.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,