Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

Operating Systems

Old 07-08-2010

Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

I recently had a small problem that I am trying to expand my knowledge about the Windows registry , I 'm giving bad crash at the wrong user access to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. So now all my administrator have more access as well as user, only the system remains unchanged and c <is why I can still reboot in safe mode with the console msdos no longer link is made to the different files and nothing works all this of course is because of the limited access that I edit. Would there be a way please! To change its restrictions with access to a reg file, or was using the cacls command back? Is that this key exists elsewhere physically or compiled only crossing open file?

Old 07-08-2010

Re: Windows Installer on Windows 7 access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

It includes the following key :
  • Hardware ( processor, motherboard ... )
  • Software ( configuration and software options installed)
  • System ( computer configuration in which two sets can also start with the last known good configuration )
  • Security ( Sam and local strategies )
Old 07-08-2010

To fix your problem you have to update the Windows operating system which will help you to update all the components of the Windows operating system. You can easily update Windows operating system through the internet. Or you can download the Ccleaner application on you computer which will helps you system in registry repairing.
Old 07-08-2010

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0 \ CLSID

It appears when I install software and it prevents me from continuing the installation ...

I have installed this software on another computer to test this and it works perfectly !

So I tried to export the registry key " with> RUN > regedit "from the computer that runs on one that bug but nothing to do.
Old 11-08-2010

I found problem! I can accede to the registry with the command prompt in safe mode simply by typing regedit I restored the permission for the classes_root an entry " other parasitized " creator owner , I simply delete. I 'm the opposite has another problem ... I can launch my application and link directories seems repaired , I blocked at startup , the start menu are more displays and the desktop icons, it will have a way to correct this little problem ? ?
Old 12-08-2010

When I tried to install a codec for my computer, it told me the following error message :
Quote:
Error writing to registry key :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ Current \ Version \ driver32

RegSetValueEx failed , code 5.
Access denied.

Click Retry to try again , Ignore to shall proceed anyway , or Abort to cancel installation.
Could someone help me ?
Without these codecs , I could not read my video files.

For information, my operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate Family Premium that I had in December.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,