Thread: Windows XP Drivers in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7

Windows XP Drivers in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7

I am going to do some annoying task which is not commonly recommended by Microsoft also . Actually, I am trying to perform the installation of the drivers . If my hardware does not running with a Windows 7 driver but has an Windows XP driver, will it be feasible if I perform the installation of driver and software within the Windows XP compatibility mode on my Windows 7 laptop. I am running with the Windows 7 Pro Edition.

Re: Windows XP Drivers in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7

In some cases, you are able to perform the installation of windows XP driver for a device within the Windows 7 and if you are running with the driver unzipped then you should be capable to perform the installation of the driver through the Device Manager. If that is getting failed or if the driver provided in and EXE-format then working with this in windows XP compatibility mode should be feasible .You should know that there should be stability softwares when working with windows XP drivers in Windows 7. What type of device is it by the way ?

Windows XP Mode is feasible in two methods —both as a virtual OS and as a method to open up the programs within the Windows 7. Windows XP Mode runs within the different window on the Windows 7 desktop, much as a program, except it is completely activated version of Windows XP. In Windows XP Mode, you are able to access your physical machine's CD/DVD drive, just install the programs, save the files, and go for different tasks as if you were working with a computer in Windows XP environment .

If you actually unable to find the Windows Vista driver for your hardware, you are able to try to fool the driver installation software to perform the installation within the Windows Vista. How? Working with the Windows Vista Compatibility Mode so that the driver installation program consider , it is installing in the Windows XP mode. Just check out the picture attached , set Windows Vista Compatibility Mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Windows XP is one of the famous user friendly operating system released by Microsoft in 2001 and still being used. Windows XP was replaced by the Windows Vista operating system in 2008. There are several individuals who transitioned to Vista still desire to work with the peripheral devices (like printers)which need Windows XP- particular drivers to function.

The program or driver will be used to manage within the Windows Vista in Windows XP compatibility mode that facilitates the driver to activate as it did within the Windows XP. Note that the Windows XP driver will not be capable to get advantage of any of the latest properties in Windows Vista while it is running under the compatibility mode.

Compatibility hardware device drivers

Try to go through the steps suggested in the following discussion :

1. Insert the driver installation file onto the Desktop.

2. Just make right click on the driver installation file and choose the Properties/Compatibility Tab.

3. Click on Apply and then after OK button to save the changes .

4. Right Click on the file and choose the option Run As Administrator option to perform the installation .

I also suggest you that you interact with the maker of that hardware device and inquire about future driver compatible for the Windows 7.