Thread: Disk error while installing windows on a mac

Disk error while installing windows on a mac

When I am installing Windows XP in Boot Camp 2.0 by means of Mac OS X 10.5, you might take delivery of the message "Press any one of the key to boot from CD. Disk Error. Press any one of the key to restart". When you are working with the windows installer (who takes everlastingly to load), the installer determine the partition Boot Camp completed as FAT32. Here's the tribulations. You have comprise to format the Boot Camp partition using the Windows Installer. If you do not do this, Windows determine to be installed on a file system it does not be familiar with and the "Disk Error Press Any one of the Key To Restart" determine to come into view when the installer is completed and try to boot into Windows. I got wedged and searched for a reply for 3 days before finding out how to do it.

Re: Disk error while installing windows on a mac

This error determine to happen during the Windows install if moreover the alternative "Leave the present file system intact (no changes)" or "Convert the partition to NTFS" were preferred. Subsequent to generating a Windows separation in Boot Camp 2.0 in Mac OS X 10.5, reboot from the Windows XP installer CD. Format the Windows separation previous to continuing by means of the rest of the Windows XP setup procedure. Do not choose "Leave the current file system intact (no changes)" or "Convert the partition to NTFS" or the installation might fail.

The Boot Camp is a program that determines to assist you to install Microsoft Windows on your Mac by means of immediately a small number of clicks. On the other hand, it took me three days to figure out how to do it. The reason this message comes into view is that Windows does not be familiar with the file system on the separation where you installed Windows XP. Boot Camp pre-formats the separation when you first make a decision how big separation you desire you be familiar with the screen where you be able to select 32GB or utilize the slide to determine how big separation you desire.

Most of them gives you the alternative at the same time as additional immediately goes ahead and install Windows without asking you if you desire to format the separation first. So the alternative to format the separation to moreover FAT32 or NTFS file system, depends on which kind of Windows CD you have. When if you are using the windows installer, you be supposed to be given the alternative to format the file system previous to windows is being installed. This is not constantly the case. It seems that there are dissimilar versions or descriptions of the Windows Installer Software.

If you previously have comprise the alternative to format the file system previous to installing Windows, then the fix is simple. Basically select to format the separation to moreover: FAT32 or NTFS. The screen be supposed to give the impression of being similar to the one under. You determine to have a fifth choice which says something similar to: "Leave the separation as it is" do not select this alternative. You have to format the separation to moreover FAT32 or NTFS. If you select FAT32, you determine to be capable to both read and write to the separation. If you prefer NTFS, you determine to simply be able to read the separation.

This is what occurred to me. I did not get the possibility to format the file system subsequent to I choose which separation to install Windows on. The installer immediately went on and installed unswervingly, and ultimately I got the "Disk Error" message. The fix for this is to acquire a dissimilar Windows Installer CD which has the alternative to format the separation. At present the query arises. Which Windows CD do you necessitate. I did not have the time or the money going out and purchasing each type of Windows CD, immediately to locate the right one. I previously have purchased a copy of Windows and I did not desire to purchase another one. So I asked a friend, (who uses Windows) to download one from a torrent site.

At present, subsequent to a lot of testing it in conclusion originate a CD that presented the format alternative. I do not be familiar with if I am permited to link to a torrent site, additional than the name of the windows CD is: "Windows XP Professional SP2 Integrated Sept 2008" immediately do a search for it on Google and you be supposed to be capable to locate it. Once you locate it then burn it by means of a program that permits you to burn CD images (ISO) and you encompass yourself the right CD. I anticipate this assist several tribulations you have by means of Boot Camp. Below are some connections that determine to assist you even further on how to productively install Windows XP on your MAC.