Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Taskbar battery icon missing power management options after upgrade to Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 05-08-2010

Taskbar battery icon missing power management options after upgrade to Windows 7

I have upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 on my Sony Vaio E Series laptop. I have noticed that I am unable to see the power options on my system tray. It appeared under Vista but not in Windows 7. Is this feature removed under Windows 7 or is it like it is hidden some where and I need to enable it? Please help!

Old 05-08-2010

Re: Taskbar battery icon missing power management options after upgrade to Windows 7

Can't you see AC plug or Battery icon on the taskbar? I can see it on my computer. If it isn't then go to Control Panel and click on POWER OPTIONs. Go to ADVANCED and put to check mark to ALWAYS SHOW ICON ON TASKBAR.
Old 05-08-2010

Re: Taskbar battery icon missing power management options after upgrade to Windows 7

• Right click the black/empty space on the system tray, or on the taskbar.
  • The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog window will appear.
  • Click on Notification Area tab if itís not already there.
  • In the System Icons section, tick the check box for Power components to display the corresponding icons in system tray.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,