Thread: Help with Error 1303 - Account with 'full administrator' rights

Help with Error 1303 - Account with 'full administrator' rights

I am getting this error quite often and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I am trying to install Quicken 2010 Deluxe on Windows 7 computer and while working with Intuit I have noticed that the installation is not possible just as the error reports because certain accounts do not have the rights access levels even though right clicking and selecting 'Run as Administrator', the installation fails. So can anyone please tell me how will this installation work? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Help with Error 1303 - Account with 'full administrator' rights

I have seen that this error is related to user account and privileges given to them. The error 1303 occurs only because the SYSTEM group does not have Full Control privileges or The Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges. You can check out this article given for the office setup but you might be able to use the methods for resolution to your issue - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306986
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I also faced similar issues but I was able to install Quicken 2010 by going for the Q2010 installer and not removing old versions of Quicken. I followed an aritlce given at the Quciken Site support and installed the Q2010 in a different directory, which was installed successfully on my computer. Henceforth, the issue remains in removing the old version of Quicken, which you can do it later.

You can refer to the solution given at quicken support site on how to solve this error, usually this error may occur if either the SYSTEM group or the Everyone group does not have Full Control privileges for the directory or file name mentioned in the error. For more information about this error, please visit Microsoft knowledgebase article 228658 (error 1303) or Microsoft knowledgebase article 232143 (error 1321), read more here.

There is another solution for this problem, usually you have to add local admin group to the "c:documents and settings/all users/shared documents" folder, here it might be possible that the folder could be named only "documents". So, you just need to open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder and then right click on it and select "sharing and security", after that just click on the security tab abd add the Administrators group to the access list and give it the "full control" check box and only then run the Quicken installer.

Restart your system into safe mode in any way possible Once in safe mode, go to the folder that is causing you the hassle, in my case it is listed above. Once you are at the folder, right click and go to properties, get into the administrative folder for security and edit the permissions. In safe mode You will able to take over full controls of all settings. Click apply, then Press ok then close the folder.