Thread: Explorer Status Bar Needs More Info in Windows 7

Explorer Status Bar Needs More Info in Windows 7

I have been a user of Windows XP from past 7 years and last month I upgrade to Windows 7 in order to be with the new generation of Windows. However I have noticed that Windows Explorer status bar does not displays the drive/folder/file information like the their sizes,total etc as it was shown in Windows XP. I think it has to be enabled from somewhere in order to see it, but I don't know from where. Could you help me out to turn this feature under Windows 7?

Re: Explorer Status Bar Needs More Info in Windows 7

Well I don't think this is some additional feature from Microsoft that you need to enable from somewhere, it comes by default in your OS. This is not the case on my side and can't really help you in this case. But if you want then I would advice, if it doesn't really matter, then you can right click on the file/folder or drive and select Properties. This should bring up a new Properties window providing all the desired details in front of you.

Many of the capabilities and programs that were present in earlier versions of Windows are no longer present in Windows 7 or have been changed. Among this is the size of the selected item which was shown on the status bar. It, instead, appears on the details pane which is placed above the status bar. It shows the information of at most 15 selected items and you want to go beyond that then you need to select "Show more details" option.

Thanks for those information, but none was really helpful to me. Basically during my daily activities, I perform a lot of transferring data files from one drive to another and in many cases it involves media drives. So I need to keep a check of the total free space by the drive. Each time right clicking on the drive and going to Properties could be a tedious task for me. Isn't there any easier way to keep an eye on this?