Thread: Why does Windows 7 log off my user account after a period of idle time

Why does Windows 7 log off my user account after a period of idle time

I need some help here to find a solution for my problem. I have a Windows 7 system and I had created 2 accounts in it. The one is the normal user account and the other one is my admin account. The system takes too much time to log off. I had some applications and a internet security installed. It must close out fast. I have a 2GB Ram support which looks fair enough for fast switching users.

Re: Why does Windows 7 log off my user account after a period of idle time

It might be due to too much application installed on your system. But you can speed up that. For that click on Run and then type regedit. Then browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftDfrgBootOptimizeFunction and double click on Optimizecomplete and change the value of Yes to No and then click OK. Reboot your system and then check back again.

It is possible that after installation, Windows may not be configured to give the best of performance. Indeed, some default settings will provide you the best visual look and functionality but the same reduces your system performance. I will recommend you to stop them. Take a backup of your desktop files and then creaet a new account with simple classic themes.

You must speed up your pc a a bit and for that you can go from the hardware part also by adding new ram. Try to upgrade to latest software for better optimization. Windows is configured to execute a set of services and resource-intensive memory by default. Some of them are not necessarily essential, we will assemble how to disable them if you do not need which will improve your logoff speed.

Try to creat a new account and reduce some files from the dekstop. In Windows 7 it is recommended to disable Aero. A software layer supports transparency windows and menu bars as well as various graphical effects that compliment the system. This is the Aero. You can disable that and make your system much faster as compare to what you got in older time.

I had disable aero in my system and realy my system works great. For that simply right click on the desktop to choose Custom from the menu. Then scroll down the elevator to view the theme Windows 7 Basic. Turn it on and done. Then try to log off. Even if the same issue then your system user account is corrupted. You must have a backup for this and then delete the old account.

Windows splits the data that are present on the hard disk in a a single file which is often divided into several parts that are scattered at different locations on the surface hard drive. So if you have high data then that might cause the issue of slow log off. Try to run system restore first and then chec back. OR else run disk defragmenter which is natively integrated in the system.