Thread: Is there a "Filmstrip" equivalent view in windows 7 as there was in XP?

Is there a "Filmstrip" equivalent view in windows 7 as there was in XP?

Recently I have updated from my windows XP to windows 7 and then I have realized that; windows 7 is missing some handy function of filmstrip view that was present in the windows XP. Now if I am asking this question then your reply will be to use preview pane but my friends it is not giving me an option for quick rotation of photos and then automatically save that thing. More over that it is not giving me an option for viewing the photos in larger view. Hence I want to know is there a "Filmstrip" equivalent view in windows 7 as there was in XP?

Re: Is there a "Filmstrip" equivalent view in windows 7 as there was in XP?

Well my friend all the thing that you were doing in Windows XP is also available in windows 7 but the only thing that is changed is the way of using this. For resizing the photos you need to turn on the preview pane and then go to Organize Layout and then preview pane, and the other thing if you want to rotate the images then you can do that by right clicking on the images. I hope this will help you for solving the problem you are facing.

Filmstrip is the one key reason for which I was not switching to vista or windows 7, according to me Microsoft should concern about this thing. If this feature is not going to be enabled by Microsoft in windows 7 then surely I am going to switch back to my windows XP. Not only that it is lack of “folders” pane on the side of file explorer windows.

According to me this will not be a good decision to go back to windows XP because the feature that are missing in window 7 according to you can be enabled by using any of the third party software that are available on net for free. You just need to search for the third party software that can fulfill your requirement. The only problem with them is that Microsoft is not giving any guarantee for the third party software.

Dr. V Guest

As far as I know preview pane of windows 7 cannot be taken as the substitute for windows Xp “Filmstrip” since Filmstrip gives the user an opportunity for examining the pictures quickly with the right size and not only that you can also resize, rotate, or delete. I need a better solution for this missing feature that was present in windows Xp. I will be waiting for the related replies.

You can try this for getting the similar environment. Open the folder that is containing the pictures then click on any picture and then click on any open icon that is given on the left of the “Slide Show”. I will suggest you to open that thing in “Windows Photo Gallery”, unfortunately this thing is not listed but it is part of windows. This is having a good film strip mode. So you can use that thing for viewing photo in the similar pattern.

Finally I came to a conclusion getting the same functionality for viewing photos that was given in windows XP is not possible in Windows 7 at any cost. Hence I am planning to switch back to my old classic XP. I am not saying that Windows 7 is not good as the Windows XP is. Windows 7 is having its different functionality and features but I need that thing in windows 7 that was available in Windows XP. I am just hopping that this functionality will be available in the coming future.