Thread: Taskbar disappearing, but only the orb remains

Taskbar disappearing, but only the orb remains

I have a weird problem that is Taskbar disappearing, but only the orb remains. I am not saying that this is happening every now and then but it happens whenever the monitor is turned off or if it returned from standby mode. At that time task bar disappears but the orb remain at its place. The thing is that I am getting the shortcut menu, if I click on the space allocated for this thing. What will be reason for this behavior of windows 7?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Taskbar disappearing, but only the orb remains

Well I was also having the similar problem but it is because of the screen saver that I have set. I have done the setting for asking for password while entering the system if I return from screen saver or if I log on or off. For solving this problem I had to turn out the setting of asking password. I know that this solution is a bit risky but this has solved my problem and you can also try this method for solving your problem.

I think that this is the problem related to the drives, to be more precise video drivers of your system. Check the video drivers of your system are they updated or not. Check the video card that you are using and find the windows 7 drivers for that video card. Just make sure you are having the latest drivers for your system. I am sure that will solve your problem.

I also having the same problem in my system, it happens whenever monitors turn off or the computer returns from standby mode. The task bar cannot be seen in it, the temporary solution for this problem is to restart the system but that is the annoying thing. As suggested in the above reply I have also checked drivers for the video card I am using and they are perfectly upgraded, I mean the problem is not related to that. If you have any other solution for this then let me know about it.

Try to run windows 7 using the basic theme; I think that the problem is related to this theme. If you are getting the same problem in basic theme then you should check the driver compatibility of your hardware with windows 7 operating system. There may be chances that your hardware is designed for running windows 7 smoothly. I will suggest you to check the hardware compatibility for windows 7.

This problem may be because of the third party software that you might be using in your system. There are chances that the third party software is conflicting with your video drivers. According to Microsoft they are not giving any guaranteed for the problem caused by any third party software you are using. Hence if you are using any third party software then it will be better if you remove that from your system.

I think I forgot to mention that this whole problem started after I have done the update for windows 7. But in that case this problem is not caused by any third party software but the problem is within the Windows 7 and in that case Microsoft should provide the solution for this problem. Till then we can just hope that they will release a patch for solving this problem.