Thread: Office icons disappear in Windows 7

Office icons disappear in Windows 7

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my computer system as an upgrade and I am facing some kind of issue with the Microsoft office 2007 on this pc. Actually i have kept Office 2007 icons on my desktop and the problem is that it gets disappeared automatically some time. I do not know why it is happening and how it comes back again?

re: Office icons disappear in Windows 7

I have seen the same problem on my windows 7 computer system as Microsoft Office 2007 icons gets disappeared from the desktop. Even i was searching for the solution to this, Thank god that i have got this thread, I hope that i will get the proper solution over here. Please help us both as this problem is much annoying.

Most probably there could not be anything wrong with an operating system due to which icons gets disappeared. I guess there would be some kind of virus on your system which might be doing this. I suggest you to scan your whole computer system and then remove all the detected viruses. It might happen that this will solve your problem.

I have given the link from where you can download the Avast Anti Virus which is a good software to secure your windows 7 operating system but only thing about which you have to care is keep on updating it. This software also has a boot scan feature which helps you to scan an remove the viruses when your system gets booted so that no virus gets time to replicate itself. Click on AVAST to download it.

It might also happen that there would be something wrong with the copy of Microsoft Office 2007 on your system. I suggest you first uninstall this software then check for the viruses on your system and then begin with the fresh new installation of an Office 2007. I think there should not be any such problem now but still you must check about the same.

I think you have to use some other executable file of Microsoft Office 2007 as it might also happen that there would be a problem with the setup file which you are using to install office on your system. You must install the same software by using some other setup file which might not be having any such problems.