Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010

Windows 7 reporting missing or corrupt hal.dll boot file

I am using the Windows 7 and trying to perform the Defragmentaion with the Piriform's Defraggler which is now throwing an error regarding the missing of the HAL.dll or Boot.ini files. I am unable to complete the defragmenation on the system of mine as getting this error. So if any one is having the same problem then please help me. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2010

Re: Windows 7 reporting missing or corrupt hal.dll boot file

It seems that the file system might got corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. I will advise you to run the system file checker to look for the corrupt file and find the problem and correct the same. To run the system file checker it is better to open the command prompt and then type the sfc/scannow command which will make the correction in the same.
Old 03-08-2010

As per your error it seems that the system of yours is missing those files and you need to repair the file. So for that you have to boot with the Windows 7 CD and then get into the repair option and repair the Windows 7 installation. After it completes then run the Defraggler to check whether it is having any issue or not.
Old 03-08-2010

If the repair of the Windows 7 through the disk of it is not working then i will advise you to go through the clean installation of the Windows 7 which will resolve the problem related to the missing dll file. The dll are inside the Windows 7 disk to re-installation will install the file once again and you will not get any issue with the same.
Old 03-08-2010

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the problem with the same then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding this issue which you are going through. As they are running a support forum for the user of the Windows 7 and providing the help regarding the same. So if you wanted then try this out and see whether it is working or not.
Old 06-08-2010

Try to restore ur system to early point , or repair it from win7 cd,use some registry cleaner (reginout) that may fix ur problem

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,