Thread: Windows 7 Scheduled chkdsk scan hangs at 'press key within 1 second(s)'

Windows 7 Scheduled chkdsk scan hangs at 'press key within 1 second(s)'

I am running my computer with the Windows 7 64 bit which was working fine but now it has some issue in it. The Windows 7 Scheduled chkdsk scan hangs at 'press key within 1 second(s)'. It occurs at the beginning of the chkdsk or before chkdsk. It never finishes the checking disk and i have to hard restart the computer of mine. So if any one then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Scheduled chkdsk scan hangs at 'press key within 1 second(s)'

I have gone through your problem and let me tell you that this is the problem which can be resolve with the help of the defragment of the Hard Drive only as the hard disk of your got some problem and need to defragment which will resolve the issue related to the hard drive of yours. So defragment and see whether you are getting it work or not.

A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
    Click here to download hotfix.

I will advise you to go through the below given step that will help you to resolve the issue related to the problem of yours. The step will defrag the hard drive and help you to run the Windows 7 on your computer without any error.
    • Click on Start
    • Type Disk Defragmenter in Search box
    • Select the Disk
    • Click on Analyze Disk
    • Type the Password if asked
    • Click Defragment disk

In my view you have to run a hard drive diagnostic with a utility which will run and diagnose the problem related to the hard drive of yours. You can also use the Seagate's SeaTools-DOS which will diagnose then computer drive and then will correct the problem if found any. So if possible then run the same to know about the problem.

I will advise you to run the computer of yours in the safe mode and then run the sfc/scannow command which will check the Windows file system for error and if found any then will clear the same. This is very useful command for knowing about the Windows file corruption. So if you can then run the same and see whether it is working or not.

If possible for you then i will advise you to run the "Drive Fitness Test" which is a product of the Hitachi that will run the the disk scan and will detect the problem if there is any in the disk of yours. It will also correct the problem if found any in the same. Download and run the same to get the functionality with the same.