Thread: Windows 7 High CPU Usage

Windows 7 High CPU Usage

I have installed the Windows 7 on my system which was running nicely till yesterday but now when i started working with the same i noticed that it is running very slow. So i have checked the CPU Usage from the task manager and come to about CPU utilization is 70 to 80% which is very high in consideration with the normal system. If any one is having the solution for same please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 High CPU Usage

If you are getting the maximum CPU utilization in the task manager then i will first advise you to check which process is having the maximum usage showing in the Process window. So find out the process and see whether it is essential for the Windows 7 or not. If not then kill the same and don't let it run on Windows start up.

It can be possible that you computer might got infected with the Virus which continuously running and eating the CPU memory and you are getting computer of yours very slow. sop it is better to remove the virus from your system and see whether you are getting the same problem or it is resolved with the same.

It is better if you update the BIOS of your system which might be not working with the issue of yours and giving you problem. Just update the BIOS which will allow the New Windows 7 to run on the same which you are using. I think this will resolve the issue of your related to the Windows 7 High CPU Usage. Thanks

After going through all the replies if you are unable to resolve the issue of yours and still looking for something to work with the same. Then let me tell you that you can contact the Microsoft regarding the issue you are getting and find the solution for your problem. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting replies or not.

I think that there might be then issue with the driver of the system that you are using. So it is better to update the driver of the system that might resolve the issue related to the Windows 7 High CPU Usage. It can be possible that the incompatible driver is using most of the CPU to run on the same. So if possible then update the driver.