Thread: Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets, registering vbscript.dll does not solve

Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets, registering vbscript.dll does not solve

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system with 4 GB RAM and Corei7 processor. I was also using Kaspersky Internet Security to keep my system secure. Well, I thought of switching to a new antivirus, so I uninstalled it.

Ever since I have removed this antivirus, Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets are not being displayed properly. Registering vbscript.dll does not solve. Actually, one of my friends had suggested the same.

All possible responses regarding this problem are duly appreciated.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets, registering vbscript.dll does not solve

I have encountered a similar problem with the Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets. I was using KIS too. There is no need to worry if registering vbscript.dll does not solve. I simply reinstalled the particular antivirus and the problem was resolved. I guess you will have to do the same, as there is no other solution, according to me.

Re: Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets, registering vbscript.dll does not solve

It seems that there is some conflict between the Windows 7 operating system and Kaspersky antivirus, that is resulting in the unusual problem with the Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets. So, it is highly recommended that any Windows 7 user must not install this antivirus in the system. There is a possibility that the antivirus has an incompatibility problem with the operating system.

After uninstalling the Kaspersky antivirus, some of its traces are remaining in the system and this is causing the probable conflicts with the gadgets in the Windows 7 operating system. So, I think that removing the antivirus completely will help you to fix this problem that you are facing. You have to search in the system files if there are any traces of this application remaining.

It is a very hard technique to find out the files of the uninstalled application manually. There is another method to remove all the traces of this uninstalled application. Install a tool called Speedup my PC. it will provide you an option to remove any application or software installed in your system with all its traces. I hope that this technique proves to be of some help to you.

If any of the above methods do not help you to resolve the problem that you are facing with the Windows 7 blank sidebar / desktop gadgets, then there is nothing that can be done. You have to uninstall all your custom gadgets and after that, enable a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. Make sure that you do not install Kaspersky in your system after that.