Thread: Windows 7 - Live Photo Gallery ScreenSaver - file name option, freezing the pic, and won't sleep

Windows 7 - Live Photo Gallery ScreenSaver - file name option, freezing the pic, and won't sleep

I was using Windows XP previously and so, I am used to some of the features that it provided. After doing a clean install of Windows 7, I am encountering some problems with the Live Photo Gallery ScreenSaver as follows:
    • File name option
    • Freezing the pic and
    • Won't sleep

In XP, I was able to see the name of the file in the screensaver mode too, that used to make the search for the images easier.
    When I use the arrow key to scroll down the images that I am viewing, the entire system along with the image gallery freezes.
    When I set the system to the Sleep mode, the system wakes up on itself almost after an hour.

Re: Windows 7 - Live Photo Gallery ScreenSaver - file name option, freezing the pic, and won't sleep

One thing that you need to keep in mind is that many of the features of Windows XP and Windows 7 are different. But, when compared to Windows Vista, Windows 7 has many similar features. So, I dont think that you will be able to get those file option features of Windows XP in Windows 7 too. Well, I do not have an idea why you are getting the other problems in your system.

Re: Windows 7 - Live Photo Gallery ScreenSaver - file name option, freezing the pic, and won't sleep

There is a method to get all those features of Windows XP in Windows 7. Just follow the steps given below:
    1. Open C:\windows\system32 in the Windows XP operating system.
    2. There, search for a file called ssmypics.scr.
    3. Copy the same into the same directory into the new Windows 7 operating system.

This trick has worked out for me and thus, I can assure you that it will be successful in your case too.

Thank you for all your quick responses on this topic. I d not have my older Windows XP operating system. So, there is no way that I am able to get that file into my new system. Forget about the screensaver issue. I need to eradicate the other 2 problems regarding the system freeze and the sleep mode issue. Please help me with the same.

It is not required that you must get that file from your own older Windows XP. If you have any friends who are using Windows XP, then you can copy that file from there too. Anyways, regarding the system freeze while scrolling the images, it is a genuine problem. It may be happening because your computer does not have the capacity to run Windows 7. This operating system uses a lot of graphic resources. So, be patient while navigating through the images or any files in Windows 7. It takes some time for the particular files to load.

Dr. V Guest

According to me, the system files for the Sleep mode of Windows 7 have not been installed properly because of which you are facing the particular problems. The system must have ignored this problem and this is why it did not alert you regarding the same. There is only one fix for this problem, that is formatting and reinstalling the particular operating system properly.