Thread: Can I delete the system reserved partition from 100MB?

Can I delete the system reserved partition from 100MB?

I am planning to clean install Windows 7 in the system of mine but having some queries. Can I delete the system reserved partition from 100MB or install the Windows 7 without allowing any reserved system partition. For what purpose this partition is kept by the Windows. Is it useful for performing any task. Please explain me if you are having the detail about it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I delete the system reserved partition from 100MB?

This Partition is kept for the Boot File which are very essential for loading the Windows. If you delete the file then you can not work with the Booting of the Windows. Also if you are trying to delete the Disk Manager will automatically not allow for the same. These files are system file and that is why they are hidden from the User to prevent from any loss.

First let me know why do you wanted to delete this file as it is only taking the 100MB of the space to work with the system of yours that you are looking for. This files are capable of running the Windows which you are planning to remove. It is not recommended to delete the same from the system. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus View Post
    First let me know why do you wanted to delete this file as it is only taking the 100MB of the space to work with the system of yours that you are looking for. This files are capable of running the Windows which you are planning to remove. It is not recommended to delete the same from the system. Thanks
    I just wanted to delete the same just to free up some of the space of the system which i think that unnecessarily occupied by the system. So if you can help me to know about the same then please let me know about the same.

First of all you can not get the delete the file easily and if you wanted to. If you will forcefully delete this files then you will not get the system booting. And only option you have left is to reinstall the Windows 7 again which i think you don't want to. This is what i wanted to share with you now its your wish to delete it or not.