Thread: How to turn floating dock back on

How to turn floating dock back on

My Dell computer is running the Windows 7 operating system. I am searching for the technique on how to turn floating dock back on. This is because I accidentally turned the same off and I am not able to get any option that can bring it back. Because of this, some of the shortcuts that were there on the dock has come onto my desktop. If anyone has proper information on this problem, then he/she is expected to reply.

Re: How to turn floating dock back on

Are you a new user to Windows 7? I am having this question because I want you to know that the Windows 7 operating system does not have a floating dock. I think that you have installed some third party application like Rocket Dock, that allows the particular feature. If this is so, then you can start the dock again by going to the installed files. It is located under Program Files. Double-clicking on the application will restart the dock.

Am_Wamika,
    You should have clarified that the floating dock that you are talking about is not an application that the Windows 7 operating system provides, but it is the one that Dell provides. Yes friends, the people who use Dell computers are provided with a dock. You will get the option for the Dock in the menu for programs. After starting the Dell Doc there, checked out the Advanced Settings for the same. An option called Start the Dell Dock with Windows is given in the settings. Putting a check mark on this option will turn the floating dock back on.

The above technique to turn floating dock back on is an assured method. Just make sure that you search for the dock in the folder that is created for Dell and not in the system files. I am mentioning this because many of the new Dell users do not know about this and search for the dock in the system files. If you cannot find the same, then just let me know about it, so that I can help you out with the same.