Thread: How do I uninstall Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7 Ultimate?

How do I uninstall Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7 Ultimate?

I have recently installed the Windows 7 ultimate which is working fine except one thing. I wanted to uninstall the Windows Live Messenger from Windows 7 but as i am new for this Operating System so before doing the same i wanted to know how to perform the removal of the same as i don't want to mess up the same. So any one knows about the uninstallation of the Windows Live Messenger from Windows 7 ultimate please help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I uninstall Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7 Ultimate?

This is same as you are doing in the older version of the Windows. You can perform the Uninstallation with the Add/Remove program which can be very useful for you. Just get into the Start> Control panel> Programs> Programs and Features> Windows Live Essentials> Click change/remove. This will remove the Windows Live Messenger from the system of yours.

Dr. V Guest

There is another method also that can help you for the removal of the program from the system of yours. For that you just have to go through the below given step that will help you for the removal of the Windows Live Messenger from the system. I hope this will work for you.

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove"
    4. Hit Enter
    5. If prompt for Restart click Yes
    6. You are done with the removal.

There are lots of other utility available on the Windows 7 that can perform the removal of the Windows 7 Live Messenger from system. I am having one tool which perform the Removal of the program easily from the system. The one which i am talking about it known as the Revo Uninstaller. If you like can download and install it to use the same.

There is one more utility tool which i am using and liked the performance of the same as it uninstall then program from the system and also clears the registry entry for same. This will remove the program completely from the system. so if you can then download and install Your Uninstaller Utility and see whether it is working or not.

If you ask me then i will advise you to go with the TuneUP Utility which is having the download for the same that you are going through the same. I have also gone through the same kind of issue and let me tell you that i have used it and find it better. It also keeps the PC of yours maintain and increase the performance of the system. So if you like it then try it.
    Tuneup utilities for Windows 7

There are lots of the Uninstaller utilities available on the Internet which helps to uninstall the program from the Operating system. User are confused which one to use for computer of their own. I have got one post where people are sharing their experience regarding the use of some of the uninstaller program which you can check on the link given below and find best one for you.
    Which is the best uninstaller?