Thread: Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time

Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time

I have done a clean install of the Windows 7 operating system. I am facing a weird situation in it that the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time. Everything works fine when the system is active. But, even if the system becomes idle for even 5 minutes, then this particular feature does not work. When I hold the mouse over a minimized window on the Taskbar, all I can get is the name of that window in text. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Please provide some help soon.

Re: Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time

I am facing a similar situation that the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time. Inorder to get the feature back, I have to reboot the system. But, I know that this is not a genuine situation being faced. I also changed to a new video card, assuming that this must be an issue related to the less video properties of my older video card. But, that too did not resolve the problem.

It seems that some of the files of the operating system were not installed properly. This is why the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time. The only solution that can be used, according to me, if to reinstall the operating system. If the problem persists even after the reinstall is done, then just let me know about it.

There is a need to troubleshoot the issue that the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time. It can be done in the following manner:
    • Go to Start and then, search for Aero.
    • In the Control Panel, you will get an option to Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects.
    • Now, a troubleshoot wizard will be displayed.
    • After that, click on NEXT. The search for the problems will begin. If any issues are detected, then they will be fixed automatically by the wizard.

Some modifications in the Registry will resolve the situation that the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time. Just follow the steps given below:
    1. Start the Registry with the help of Regedit.
    2. There, move on to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM".
    3. Check out the value that is set for EnableAeroPeek in the above registry setting.
    4. If it is not "1", then change to the same.
    5. Restarting the computer will help you to get rid of the issue.

I have a little knowledge about the Registry. Well, I as Lillebror has given a step-by-step method for resolving the situation that the Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time, I will try out the same. I will let you guys know if I get stuck. At that time, I expect the same help that you all have provided till now. Talk to you later guys.