Thread: Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos

Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos

I am using the Windows 7 operating system from quite a long time and I have not faced any problems like this one. Actually, the situation is that the Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I have created screensavers for my system in the past from the custom photos that I want to add and there were no issues at that time. Yesterday, I downloaded some images and am getting this problem ever since then. Please help me to eradicate this situation.

Re: Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos

If the Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos, then the photos that you are selecting for creating the screen saver may be of lower resolution. Make sure that the photos that you are downloading for the screensavers are enough to match the resolution of your monitor. Are the default screensavers having the same problem?

Thanks for the quick reply on my problem. The default screensavers were working fine before. But, Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos in all the ones that I create and even the default ones. This is why I am worried. I have downloaded the images considering the resolution of my monitor. Is there any setting for stretching these screensavers?

There is no need to worry if the Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos. Simply follow the steps given below:
    1. Download Windows Live Photo Gallery.
    2. Install the same in your system that is running Windows 7.
    3. After that, you need to right-click on the desktop, where you will get an option called as Personalization.
    4. Here, select Windows Live Photo Gallery for the screensaver.

With this setting done, the stretching of the photos will be avoided.

Even if you do not have the Windows Live Photo Gallery in your system, the setting mentioned in the above post by Solomon can be done with the help of a default method. When you right-click on the desktop and select the option for Personalize, go to an option provided as Desktop background. You will see another option there as picture position. If it is set as STRETCH, then set it as FIT. Saving the changes will do the trick.

You need to make sure that the particular images that you are selecting for creating the screensaver are having the particular format that the operating system requires, only if the problem that the Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos is till persisting. This is just a rare case that can be happening in your case.

I tried out the solution suggested by Solomon for getting rid of the issue that Windows 7 screensaver is stretching photos. To my surprise, this trick worked out. Anyways, thanks for all your co-ordination on this problem. I knew that I will get a perfect solution for this issue from this community, as I have always got help for each and every query, that I have asked here.