Thread: Acrobat 9 with Windows 7 64bit printing problem

Acrobat 9 with Windows 7 64bit printing problem

I am having an issue with the printing in the Windows 7 64bit. I have installed the Acrobat 9 in the computer of mine. When i give the print from the Adobe it gives me nothing. The Adobe was working fine with the Windows Vista which i have upgrade to Windows 7. So if any one can help me with the printing issue of the Windows 7 then please step ahead. Thanks in advance.

Re: Acrobat 9 with Windows 7 64bit printing Problem

This is the known issue from the Windows 7 while trying to work with the Adobe 9. If you are also getting the same problem then i will advise you to go through the given step that will resolve the issue related to the same.So just go through the same and work with it.
    1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Control Panel
    3. Click on Devices and printer
    4. Click on Add Printer
    5. Click on Add Local Printer
    6. Use a existing port
    7. Click on Have Disk
    8. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\"
    9. Open "AdobePDF.inf"

Thats it!!!!

If you are getting the printing problem then i will advise you to check whether the Adobe 9 which you are using is having the compatibility with the Windows 7 or not. If it is not having the compatibility then it will not run on the Windows 7. So if possible then first confirm about the compatibility and the see more regarding the problem.

I will advise you to reinstall the Adobe Acrobat 9 into the system. It might be possible the installation file of the Adobe might got corrupted and you need to reinstall the same. So if possible then reinstall the same and see whether it is having the problem with the same or not. I hope that this will work this time without any issue.

Re: Acrobat 9 with Windows 7 64bit printing problem

I have tried reinstalling the Adobe 9 but getting the error while performing the installation. I am getting the "The file AdobePDF.dll is needed" error while installing. I can not proceed through the installation. I have tried to install many time but getting the same error. please help me with the same issue.

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional is installed with the Design Premium, Design Standard and Web Premium versions of Creative Suite 3. Although Adobe has tested Adobe Acrobat 8.0 (Standard and Professional) on Microsoft Windows 64-bit operating systems running on a 64-bit processor machine, there are known limitations. For more details, see Additional Information. For solution of this visit here.

If you are getting this issue then you might be using the Windows 7 64 bit which is not having the Adobe PDF printer support. AdobePDF.dll is not located by the Windows 7 installer and that is why you are getting the error message. To work with this you have to manually extract the AdobePDF.dll file. Thanks.