Thread: Computer occassionaly freezes after being idle for a while

Computer occassionaly freezes after being idle for a while

I have a problem somewhat boring when I leave my PC idle beyond ten minutes, Vista crashes, the hard disk does not rotate any more, I can not do anything but shut it down brutally. It is a Toshiba P200 satelllite. For what ever reason but it is really very annoying when i get busy with a call for about ten minutes it gets freezes and then i had to restart it manually after getting this problem

Dr. V Guest

Re: Computer occassionaly freezes after being idle for a while

Your system might have been infected with a virus and hence i would suggest you to install an antivirus application on your system this antivirus application might help you to get rid of this problem. Sometimes these viruses cause an error like freezing so i would recommend you to install the Antivirus if you already have then just scan your system to get rid of this problem.

Your system appears to be corrupted and hence i would suggest you to get your system repaired using the recovery CD which you got along with the laptop if not then it must be somewhere located on your hard drive this repair will replace the corrupted files with the new files and hence you can get rid of this situation.

Hi friends thank you for the reply very soon but i would tell you that i Can not even boot Vista in safe mode, and impossible to restore the system. Also if you talk about Repair: updating partition table of the SD, updating BIOS, Does it could be related to its transition to Toshiba Service. Have you ever heard of this kind of problem.

This is quiet a common error with the windows vista and hence i would suggest you not to worry about it anymore one thing which i will suggest you is that you will have to get your system restored to a specific point where it was working absolutely fine and that too without any sort of error. the problem should be resolved definitely.

Try to run taskmgr.exe which is located in c: \ windows \ system32 If running the executable you have a message that tells you that the file is used by another application, this indicates that your PC has caught a virus No conclusive cure found so far rather than formatting your C: drive remember you will loose all your programs that you have installed.

You can resolve this problem by installing the Microsoft Security Essential on your system which is available freely from microsoft if you are using any windows based operating system in your case you have mentined that you ae sing the windows Vista. install it from the following link and scan your system tro diagnose all your problem.