Thread: Windows 7 RC1 blank screen when restarting monitor, with sleep mode disabled

Windows 7 RC1 blank screen when restarting monitor, with sleep mode disabled

I have been using the windows 7 Release candidate 1 which is displaying a blank screen while i restart the monitor after it has been turned off, After the display device is turned off some period of time it starts with a blank screen. When i move the mouse press the enter button or escape button nothing happens to the monitor until i do a forced shutdown and then restart it again using the On/Off Button and restart.

Re: Windows 7 RC1 blank screen when restarting monitor, with sleep mode disabled

This appears as you have not been able to get out of the sleep mode and hence this is the problem. You are not getting the display because when your system enters the sleep mode it never comes out of it and hence you are not getting the display and hence i would suggest you to disable the sleep mode on your system and check whether the monitor displays something or not.

Re: Windows 7 RC1 blank screen when restarting monitor, with sleep mode disabled

Thanks for the replies but your solution does not seems to work atleast in my case because even after disabling the sleep mode i am not able to get the display on my monitor not the restarting of the monitor helps me at all. So in this situation i would like to know whether there are any different solution available to resolve this problem please help me....

I think your system is corrupted and hence you are not getting the display so i would suggest you to go for repair your system files. i meant to say that the windows you need to repair the system files of your windows using the recovery disc if you are not aware of how to repair your system simply insert the recovery disc on your cd drive and the on the blue screen press the R key or the F2 button to start the automated system recovery of your system.

There is a problem wih your monitor and hence you are not getting the display and hence your monitor is displying the blank screen only so i would advice you to take your monitor to the nearest service center of your manufacturer and get it repaired there this should resolve the while issue.

Before taking your monitor to a hardware center it is better to check it on a different system and if you do not find it faulty then try to check the monitor cable other wise the monitor is faulty and hence you should try to get this monitor replaced or repaired accordingly. Hope that this will help you to resolve this problem.