Thread: How to install Windows 7 on a Netbook from USB drive

How to install Windows 7 on a Netbook from USB drive

I have got an issue regarding which i need your help. I just got a netbook in which i wanted to install the Windows 7 but my problem is that my DVD is not working so i wanted to use the USB drive for the installation of the same. So if you can then please let me know How to install Windows 7 on a Netbook from USB drive? A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install Windows 7 on a Netbook from USB drive

For that you have to make the ISO file of the Windows 7 and copy the same into the USB drive. After that boot the system from the USB drive and you will be easily able to run the Windows 7 installation from the USB drive. So install the same and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will help you.

Dr. V Guest

To make the installation of the Windows 7 you have to go through the below given step that will help you for the installation of the Windows7 in your system. Just go through the same.

1. Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
    2. Create ISO file of Windows 7
    3. Start Windows USB DVD Download Tool
    4. Browse to ISO file
    5. Select the USB drive
    6. Click on Begin Copying

Thats it!!!!! Now you are ready to install the Windows 7 through USB drive.

I was also going through the same problem and to get rid of the same i have followed a link which is having the description about the same which helped me with the installation. Hoping that if you follow the same then you can also achieve the installation of the Windows with the same post. Here are the link for same.
    Install Windows 7 Beta on a Netbook through bootable USB drive

Before you run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool, make sure you have already purchased the Windows 7 ISO download from Microsoft Store and have downloaded the Windows 7 ISO file to your hard drive. If you have purchased Windows 7 but have not yet downloaded the ISO file, you can download the file from your Microsoft Store Account.
    To make a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file:

1. Click the Windows Start button, and click Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool in the All Programs list to open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
    2. In the Source File box, type the name and path of your Windows 7 ISO file, or click Browse and select the file from the Open dialog box. Click Next.
    3. Select USB Device to create a copy on a USB flash drive or select DVD disk to create a copy on a DVD disk.
    4. If you are copying the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device in the drop-down list and click Begin copying. If you are copying the file up to a DVD, click Begin burning.

Source: Micorsoft