Thread: Boot Camp: Windows suddenly demands password

Boot Camp: Windows suddenly demands password

I have got the Macbook Pro working with OS X 10.5. I am also having Boot camp at another side with Windows XP Pro SP2. I have been performing so for a one or two of months, and it has worked fine. But currently , completely from out of the blue, windows need me to type in username and password to log onto the system.It seems too weired and it restricts me from performing a lot of work that I require Windows to do. I did not generate any password or username for current account when I performed the installation of software.

Re: Boot Camp: Windows suddenly demands password

Fine old windows ! I haven't used the same working with the bootcamp, but come up with the f8 before the windows screen displayed on the screen - just to be specific I had hold Alt on start up, click boot from the windows disk and press and hold f8 from that point on. According to me, boot screen for windows will shown, choose 'boot in safe mode', then after once booted make your way to the account configuration , see how it assumes .
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion but I didn't got the specific solution for this . I followed the suggestion in the above post of your's and still having same issue . Can somebody please help me to fix it ? Do you have any method through which I can do to get into the system? Just simply click on the OK button and skip the fields blank does not work. Neither does starting the Windows-partition from boot.

I am suffering with the same issue here . I have tried to perform as above post suggestion , but it doesn't seems feasible as I am still asked for user name and password when booting up within the safe mode.

I have a MacBook installed OS X 10.5.8 and Windows XP through the BootCamp technique. I always prompted to boot in either OS X and Windows XP without issue , but suddenly Windows has started requiring for a user name and password (that it didn't earlier - it just booted up without password) and currently I can't log on in Windows mode.

The issue that you have described here seems as Windows XP may have gone through some registry corrupted issues or has become confused. You should go for a repair with the help of your original Windows XP CD and booting with the same . However, with this way, you will lose your entire updates and in some cases,you also can lost the data.

By the way, booting within the safe mode will not be feasible for you. Otherwise, what sense would it make to even running with an ID and password?