Thread: See all 3 power plans on system tray

See all 3 power plans on system tray

I need help with the plan management in Windows 7. I had seen that I can choose up three power plans in Windows 7 but only the active one shows on the system tray. Does there is a way to see them all. The other thing I want to know is that what can be done for better power management in Windows 7. I had seen sometime after a frequenty interval my computer goes off.

Re: See all 3 power plans on system tray

It is quiet not possible to see all of them on your system tray. The settinsg shows once at a one time. But I will recommend you to disable the Standby option for better performance. Go to Control Panel > Power Options and on the right side of plan assets you can click on Change Plan Settings. Then change the time to never to this end and reboot once. You can also choose for a sufficiently long time instead of using Never. Save the settings and configuration is complete.

It is a issue that sometime the windows machines 7 goes off after 15 minutes even if you I set the Disable display Never. This is quiet a issue. This usually happens with a fresh installation of Windows 7 and will result in your computer screen after turning 15 minutes of inactivity. This can occur for two reasons either it is the first Once you have started Windows 7 or because the score WinSAT not computed yet.

You cannot put the indication of three plans on the system tray. There is no option for that. For the frequent shutdown WinSAT is responsible. WinSAT stands for Windows System Assessment Tool is used to calculate the Windows Experience Index (WEI). For some reason Windows continues to count the downtime, even if you change the active power plan. You can correct this problem by resetting the Disable display.

Here is opton for diabling the auto shutdown. Click on Start and then look for Control Panel. Now in the windows look for Hardware and Sound. You can type this in search box or you can just switch to list view for that. Then after that click Power Options. On the left, click Choose when to turn off the display.In the dialog Edit Plan Settings, change the Disable display option to Never.This should now reset your display settings and 7 prevent Windows from shutting down your computer screen every some time.

I have a a netbook here which is has Widnows 7. I need some info on power options. I decide to tweak the options I remove the standby power after so many minutes on battery mode goes off completely. And then I plug the laptop to remove the option of standby. But still it is comming back. I need some easy steps to make a particulare power management theme active.

The feature of linking all the plans to the system tray is not available in Windows 7 but for that you will need to configure that manually. For that you will need to create shortcut on the taskbar or else that will not work. Here is solution for this. First you have to run command prompt and then in that type powercfg /?. Now the command -SETACTIVE, -S will make the current scheme active. The command SCHEME_GUID specifice the scheme guid.