Thread: Applescript to Copy from Clipboard to Terminal

Applescript to Copy from Clipboard to Terminal

I am here finding the possible way to find the a line in applescript which can let me see what is on the clipboard. The same can be then paste on the terminal which I can do after providing the cd command. Anyhow I am working on the same and I want to know what can be done here. Secong this are there some better clipboard manager tools whcih can guide me for the clipboard memory.

Re: Applescript to Copy from Clipboard to Terminal

I am also here tyring to get a list files and folders that are lied within a folder. In my script the top level of folder selection works well but later on you cannot get much more information. For a dedictated clibboard manager Jumpcut is a manager which allows you to copy and paste on Mac OS X. When making a paste, you can choose between different texts that you previously copied.

The script works is really messy and I cannot give you the sure code for the same. You might need to work on lost of things to get the final result for what you are searching for. Other than I will too say to use Jumpcut. This utility can always keep a track on your copy and paste by some keyboard combination you are using. If you want to access the history of the clipboard then just press ctrl + alt + V.

By default in your Mac you have a clipboard which can hold only one thing. You select some text, you copy or ut and then paste elsewhere. As long as you do not copy or cut anything else, it is always the first piece of text that you will stick where you want. But when you copy or cut something else, the first piece of text is lost. For that thing you can use CuteClips. It is a very nice tool for the same.

Typically such a utility you can keep the last ten things you copied. So you can not go looking for another famous piece of text that you copied five minutes earlier. Most of the new utilities provide you this support. Until the arrival of Snow Leopard I downloaded and used shadowClipboard which I had purchased. This utility does not requires any scripting work of command support.

Why dont you try CopyPasteTool. It is tiny free program for Windows that lets you copy multiple items in succession to the clipboard, then paste as usual using the shortcut CTRL-C / CTRL-V . The difference is that if you use several times the combination CTRL-V which is previously copied items are pasted in succession. The tool gives you some option settings that offers you same support.

The best tool for the same which I found is iClipboard. It is a clipboard manager for Mac. The software will keep a record of everything you copy in the clipboard from any application, allowing you then to see the different contents copied before reuse. The software will be integrated in the menu bar of Mac OS and in the context menus of your applications. You might switch for such options which is easier.