Thread: Force Eject CD on Intel-based Macbook

Force Eject CD on Intel-based Macbook

I have a Intel based macbook. It is a old system and now I had started getting hard ware issue in my system. First thing which has annoyed me the most is my CD drive. When I insert my disc it does not comes out. I tried several clicks but nothing works there. Is there a way to take the cd out of it. I need some help here for the same. How to remove the cd from this system without breaking anything.

Re: Force Eject CD on Intel-based Macbook

It is possbile to remove that by putting a paper clip on the drive and open the same. If you have tried all the methods of removing a cd from the computer but there is nothing I can do here. There are some manual methods. Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold the button or trackpad mouse button until the disc ejects. This works most of the time. Quit any application running on your screen before doing this.

First you must check your system properly and then look for a small emergency eject hole which remains some near the tray. You can then put the computer to sleep and insert a paper clip into the small hole. Push firmly until the disc ejects. It comes out smoothly, do not push hard so that the parts inside it might break. The location is different on base of system you are using. This is an easy trick.

Use Open Firmware to eject the disc if all other methods fail. The only negative point of this is that it might now work on all computers. To use this method, you must start some tutorial and briefly study te use Open Firmware. This might not be suitable for the desktop of Mac OS X standard. To eject a disc using Open Firmware restart the computer. When you hear the startup sound, press Command + Option + O + F and hold them pressed. Release the keys when you see a white screen where it is written Welcome to Open Firmware. In that type eject cd and then resture to normal by pressing mac-bot.

I Always had this problem with an intel Macbook first generation which has Core Duo system. Every time the disc stuck inside and nothing happens even when I press the mouse eject button. Also if you are unfortunate enough to restart the Mac hangs on reading and cannot access the same. I had already send the same to repair but nothing got much support on that and wasted my money.

I found this technique on the net and this worked man time. I have done this several times without damaging anything. There might be some sort of issue between the board and the CD. When we press the eject button and it is strong enough to tab it pushes the disc and prevents it from turning. Mac should automatically try to eject it. So you must relese the tab to let the disc out and quiet all the player you are playing on the screen.

Dr. V Guest

If the Open Firmware does not work then you does need to struggle here to boot. To eject your cd, leave your left click down during startup. If it does not work, try to eject it through iTunes, iDVD or Toast Titanium if you had. If despite this you do not succeed, contact the Helpdesk or an Apple Store. Many times if you eject the same via a software like iTunes or iDVD the disc comes out.