Thread: Java problem with Mandriva Linux

Java problem with Mandriva Linux

Hello,
    I just installed Mandriva and the same time I installed firefox, but I have a problem in Java because Firefox asks me to install Java on it. One thing I do: Installation cd / usr / java / plugin and configuration in Firefox (Java Activation Firafox). What should I do now, I have no plans to install java. Please help me with this? Thank you.

Re: Java problem with Mandriva Linux

As a club member you could install the version powerpack. With this latest version of Java environment is available at the time of the creation of iso 's installs itself. It is usually in / usr / lib / jrexxxx (and / usr / lib / jdkxxx). -> So no need to install java in hand. If it is not installed at your house (no file / usr / lib / jrexxx) then a simple
    Code:
    urpmi j2re
    Install from the CD or from a mirror powerpack club. By downloading the binary version of Firefox, we can run it directly (as the partition on which it is registered allows the execution of binaries). Firefox does not in its control panel to indicate the path to Java. To tell Firefox to use the Java environment ready, you must give way in its directories. The easiest way is to make a symbolic link to Java from a term, like this:
    Code:
    ln-s / usr/lib/jre-1_5_0_08/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so / home / username / documents / firefox / plugins / libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Of course replace "/ home / username / Documents" by the way is uncompressed or firefox you home.

Yes indeed it is the Powerpack 2007 that I downloaded and installed. When I write and record shows the command line as root this is what I get:
    Code:
    ln-s / usr/lib/jre-1_5_0_08/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so / usr / local / src / firefox / plugins / libjavaplugin_oji.so 
    ln: creating symbolic link `/ usr / local / src / firefox / plugins / libjavaplugin_oji.so 'to` / usr/lib/jre-1_5_0_08/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so': File exists.
    It told me that everything is already installed but it does not work with firefox.
    Maybe I installed Firefox in a wrong folder?

Additional note, for other plugins do the same, since konqueror drag and drop and choose "link here", between the home directory / user / Documents / firefox / plugins and plugins already included in / usr / lib / mozilla / plugins (and / usr / lib / mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.7/plugins / if perhaps there are others), Add to all that the Flash player and check all year restarting firefox, and typing, which should give the final after 3 drag and drop in "linking here" sth like this:
    Code:
    Default Plugin 
    Java (TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_08-b03 
    Google VLC multimedia plugin 
    QuickTime Plug-in  
    RealPlayer 
    Windows Media Player Plugin 
    mplayerplug-in (the best one  ) 
    Adobe Reader

That is probably because you have hacked together a little too hard no problems, delete the firefox folder and "java" installed by hand. Then again with a clean, resulting in decompression of the tarball Firefox is the "drag and drop" to "bind here" between folders
    Code:
    / Usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins / 
    / Usr / lib / mozilla / plugins / 
    Chmin and firefox, for example 
    / Home / username / firefox / plugins
    Adds the flash player 9 to the same folder if it is not already present.